10 facts about finding a job in Kuwait
Spread the word:
According to the Central Bank of Kuwait, the GDP of Kuwait had expanded 6.10% in 2012 from the previous year – a little above the average growth rate of 3.7%. Also worth mentioning that Kuwait holds the world’s sixth largest proven reserves of oil, and oil extraction accounts for 40% of GDP thus making it a naturally attractive avenue in the job market. Coupled with that is the fact that the unemployment rate recorded in Kuwait in 2012 was only 2.1%, which is one of the lowest in the world.
Based on the above, the thriving economy in Kuwait makes it an attractive job destination for thousands of job seekers. The Bayt.com career experts have listed below some interesting facts about finding a job in Kuwait:
1. Professionals in Kuwait prefer working in the private sector as evident from the results of The Bayt.com Entrepreneurship in the Middle East Survey, October 2013. The survey results indicate that 51% of surveyed respondents would prefer being employees rather than being self-employed. From that 51%, six in 10 (64%) would prefer to work in the private sector. Here are some private sector jobs you could apply for in Kuwait directly from Bayt.com.
2. In Kuwait, the hospitality and leisure industry is seen as the most appealing for entrepreneurship by 18%, followed by advertising, marketing and public relations (16%), and architecture and engineering (16%). This could indicate growing opportunities among SMEs in these industries in Kuwait (The Bayt.com Entrepreneurship in the Middle East Survey). You can find hundreds of entry-level jobs in Kuwait on Bayt.com!
3. A majority of surveyed Kuwait respondents (43%) expect that the number of employees will increase in the next six months, according to The Bayt.com MENA Consumer Confidence Index Survey, September 2013. A further four in 10 professionals expect an increase in the number of jobs in Kuwait in the next 6 months. Also, more than one quarter of surveyed employers in Kuwait (28%) believe that the country is much more attractive as a job market than other Middle East countries, according to The Bayt.com Job Index Survey, August 2013. Check out jobs posted by top companies in Kuwait.
4.According to The Bayt.com Job Index Survey, August 2013, 75% of employers in Kuwait will be ‘definitely’ or ‘probably’ hiring in the coming year.
5. The more desirable qualifications for job candidates in Kuwait are those in business management (27%), engineering (25%), and administration (22%), as per The Bayt.com Job Index Survey, August 2013. Check out business management jobs, jobs in administration and engineering jobs in Kuwait.
6. Employers in Kuwait prefer candidates with good communication skills in both English and Arabic (as per The Bayt.com Job Index Survey, August 2013).
7. Employers in Kuwait look for team players with good leadership skills (as per The Bayt.com Job Index Survey, August 2013).
8. The Bayt.com Job Index Survey, August 2013, indicates that employers in Kuwait look for candidates with good managerial skills and computer skills (31%), followed by sales and marketing and administrative experience (29%).
10. According to The Bayt.com Job Index Survey, August 2013, the top industries in Kuwait are the oil & gas industry, followed by construction (35%), and banking & finance (34%). Check out jobs in construction, jobs in banking and jobs in oil & gas in Kuwait on Bayt.com.